Our history goes back to August of 1910. Jersey Holiness Church (then known as the Oak Grove Fire-Baptized Holiness Church) was organized in the home of Hamp Brooks. A brush arbor meeting was held the summer of 1911 at John Byrd's home place. This was only a little over a mile from the present day Jersey Holiness Church.
In 1940, Jersey started having Sunday School.
In 1954, Bro. Arthur Johnson, Jr. started a radio broadcast that continues to this present day.
In 1958, three lots were obtained, one of which was donated by owners Billy and Lucy Barrett. The second church was built. This building remains in use today as Sunday School classrooms and offices.
1974 became a very productive year. It was in that year that ten acres of land was purchased from Mr. Garland Peters. The sanctuary was expanded, upstairs bathrooms, pastor’s study built and carpet installed. In June, the dining hall and bath house was built. It was then that Jersey decided to have an annual Campmeeting. This meeting continues to be held mid-summer, near the Fourth of July.
In 1981, Jersey Christian School was built.
In 1993, there was a ground breaking for the new church. The new sanctuary was finished in 1995.